Monday, January 28, 2008

Marathon training

In other news...

The training continues for the Mardi Gras Marathon in New Orleans: Race day is Sunday Feb 24. My schedule was interrupted by some fairly serious burns on my right foot in a kitchen mishap, but the blisters are (mostly) healed and my miles are piling back up. This week:

Monday: 6.8 miles easy, 1 hour Bodypump, 1 hour spin class.
Tuesday: 4 miles easy.
Wednesday: 5 miles easy.
Thursday: 3.1 miles hard, 30 minutes upper body weights, 30 minutes core work, 1 hour spin.
Friday: 3 miles easy
Saturday: 5K race, 1 hour spin. Maybe some traditional weightlifting. Some core work.
Sunday: 12 miles easy.

The long run is nowhere near what it should be at this stage, but I am confident I can be ready in time. But...it seems unlikely I will be able to run at a pace which will permit me to finish in 4 hours.

And I'm ok with that. Heck, less than 2 years ago I couldn't run 1 mile. ONE MILE.

Now....look at what I can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life rule #12 - Never fry bacon in the nude.

I thought you would have know that one...